Digital Imaging Technician
The Digital Ark is partnering with the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (ISGM) for an IMLS grant-funded on-site digitization project beginning May 1, 2017. The team is seeking current students or recent graduates with the ability to make a commitment for up to 4-6 months. There are 2 - 3 paid, part-time positions, 2 - 3 days per week, with flexible hours and days (within Monday through Friday, 9 to 6 schedule). Digitization will be completed on-site at ISGM in Boston. Prior to digitization, training will be provided both online and at TDAC’s studios in Providence for 1-2 weeks. Working under the supervision of The Digital Ark staff and the ISGM Archives Staff, the selected candidates will participate in digitizing approximately 6,000 manuscripts (for an estimated total of 52,800 digital images) in the ISGM's archival collection. The digitization process involves expertise in handling archival materials, the ability to maintain a high level of organization without compromising efficiency/speed, knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn new software and equipment, and a sharp eye for detail and digital image quality.
• Current student or recent graduate from MLIS program, with preference for students in the Cultural Heritage or Archives tracks
• Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Ability to learn new software quickly and creatively problem solve on the fly
• Knowledge of/experience in the careful and sensitive handling of fragile and rare special collections
• Background or familiarity with digital photography equipment and software such as Adobe Lightroom, Capture One
• Familiarity with FileMaker Pro and Mac OS
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and desired hourly pay rate to: email@example.com
Please no phone calls.